We’re totally stoked to be unleashing the long-awaited Sundered Finisher Update, chock-full of delicious quality-of-life improvements and the bad-ass titular finishing moves that will have you obliterating eldritch hordes in style! The Sundered Finisher Update arrives automatically as a free update to all Steam and PS4 players today (GOG, Origin, Uplay, and Kartridge will drop very soon!). Important additional updates to Sundered are still to come!
[Update – June 28th, 2018: GOG update is rolling out today, with Origin, Uplay, and Kartridge following soon!]
Here’s what’s in store for y’all in the Finisher Update:
– Added a set of new combat moves we call Finishers. Once a certain number of melee attacks have been landed in a short time frame, a powerful Finisher attack is ready to be unleashed! Finishers are available from the start of the game
– Reduced loading times and stabilized frame rate (hurray!) – these are both most noticeable on PS4.
– Huge balance pass to make the game smoother and reduce moments where grind feels necessary: Reworked and improved early game pacing; Increased shard drops in the early game.
– Expanded the skill tree with new nodes and rebalanced some stat multipliers and perks.
– Defeated bosses can be fought again for reduced rewards.
– Added player markers to help locate the player in crowded or zoomed out locations (can be toggled in the options).
– Tweaked minimap legend so each icon is more easily recognizable.
– Modified tip system so as to not spoil content that is not yet accessible to the player.
– Other minor bug fixes.
Please remember that your feedback is crucial for us, so please do leave or update your review on our Steam Page! Or you could always let us know your thoughts by reaching out on Twitter or Facebook, by posting on our Forums.
Finally don’t forget that the Not A Metroidvania Bundle is still live on Steam, and that you stand to save a pretty penny on some of the best games of the-genre-that-shall-not-be-named, especially now that the Summer Sale has kicked in!
Resist or Embrace.
– Rodrigue and the Thunder Lotus Team